Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm Back (and I finally figured out the iPod)

Well, after seven months off, I'm back. In the future there should be more commentary on the articles I post here.

I also finally figured out how best to use my iPod - my friend EEE taught me. That way I didn't have to read the instructions.

Not Reading the Instructions
I love technology that is intuitive. This is one of the key reasons I love TiVo. It is truly intuitive, and much easier to use than the DVR that comes with your cable box.

It also brings me to one of my favorite themes: It's not just me, most Americans don't like to read instructions. It's true. When was the last time you actually read the instructions for anything that wasn't Ikea furniture? (and their products are definitely not intuitive to assemble)

It's also the prime reason Americans have been so upset over HMO policies - they were caught by surprise because they didn't bother reading the instructions that spelled out quite clearly what and who was and was not covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment