Friday, November 04, 2005

So this one time...

Rachel, bicurious and very sexual, met a couple that were swingers. She began hooking up with them regularly, and then began a torrid affair with the husband. This affair lasted about two years, during which time Rachel befriended Susan, the wife and hanging out with her when Richard, the husband, wasn't around. Susan eventually discovered that Richard and Rachel were seeing each other behind her back and divorced Richard.

(True story. Names changed to protect the guilty).

I later end up hooking up with a friend of Rachel's (a one-night stand that lasted too long) who ended up telling me the above story. Since Rachel had just told this girl that I was a bad guy because of my political beliefs, I didn't have much pause in repeating this story. This ended up causing some tension in their relationship and provided the catalyst for the end of that friendship because the person I told it to repeated it back to Rachel disbelievingly, and Rachel got upset with the girl with whom I was hooking up.

I do feel bad about repeating this story and the chain of events caused by my actions. I especially feel bad that I inadvertently ended a friendship because I thought this was juicy gossip. My only defense is that I was careless, thoughtless person back then and have changed since then.

(Names changed to protect the guilty)

No comments:

Post a Comment