Thursday, January 20, 2005

iPod Angst

Still haven't gotten my iPod to work properly (read: the way I think it should work). When I first set it up it displayed in one of the asian languages. Because I'm an American, I don't read instructions, and it took me forever to be bothered enough to check the troubleshooting guide. So that only took three months.

The other hassle is that I bought a new laptop at the same time I purchased the iPod. However, most of my music collection is on my old desktop. I hope(d) that I could download all of my music files from the desktop to the iPod, and from there to my laptop (on to which I had already burned a host of newer CDs). So far, I haven't figured out how to do that - the iTunes software recognizes the iPod as being hooked to the desktop, but only offers to delete everything on it and replace the extensive library from my desktop with the semi-empty library on the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment