Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bad Service at Best Buy (Another One for the Best Buy/Ketchum Viewers)

Best Buy's customer service leaves much to be desired - Pay Attention you Best Buy and Ketchum folks still checking out my entries about boycotting Geek Squad for corrupt practices.

Ms. Uneven and I went to two different Best Buy locations last night since both our laptops have crapped out in the past week (My real boycott effort/annoyance is aimed specifically at Geek Squad, and not Best Buy per se). The first location we went to (Best Buy in Potomac Yards off Route One - Store 493) we had to stand in line for 45 minutes just to get some service. And then we had to go to the other Arlington location to get what we needed.

Per the norm, the Pentagon City store (Store 276) was so understaffed we couldn't find anyone to help us. We knew specifically what we wanted (due to the help we received at the Potomac Yards branch), but we couldn't find a sales associate and no one bothered to help us for 20 minutes. Due to this poor service, we walked out only with the new laptop and nothing else despite our intention to purchase a significant dollar amount of periperals.

The fact that customer service is so bad at those locations is a real problem. Best Buy's poor service at that location lost them several hundred dollars in sales from me.

PS - I have over 5 years experience working in retail and customer service. Best Buy needs to take lessons from some of the other retail giants on how to provide good service.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    why even buy from them if customer service is that bad. geez, you wait, bitch, then give them your money...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uneven,

    I feel your pain. The Pentagon City Best Buy is a joke, period. I would never spend a large amount of money at either place. God forbid I would have a problem down the line and have to go back for service. Trust me, there have been numerous complaints about the PC store, but apparently nothing has been done. I prefer Circuit City myself.

    ReplyDelete