Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Plagiarism is the Sincerest Form of Flattery - I'm looking at you Jazz Chill Corner

Jazz Chill Corner decided to repost my 2007 Music Festival listing w/o any type of attribution. You can compare them side by side - a his here and mine here and you'll see they're identical. He couldn't even be bothered to add a few new ones.

Not only does this probably violate my creative commons license, it's just rude not to give credit where it's due. It's called a footnote in academia (or a hat tip in the blogosphere). When I reposted E)'s stoner job search ad and commented on it, I gave her credit because that's appropriate.

While I'm flattered, it'a just not polite to acknowldege my hard work to compile that list (and solicit more info for future updates) or provide a link to the original source.

1 comment: